2. Collection of your personal information
2.1 We will collect and hold your personal information in a fair and lawful manner, and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. Where it is reasonably practical to do so, DG Projects will collect your personal information directly from you. However, in certain cases DG Projects may collect personal information from third parties, including from publicly available sources.
2.2 We may collect the personal information you directly give to us through some of the following means:
- (a) when you make an inquiry or order in relation to services through our Website;
- (b) when you contact us regarding the services you have requested;
- (c) when you login on the Website;
- (d) from other related correspondence (whether in writing or electronically);
- (e) while conducting customer satisfaction and market research surveys;
- (f) when administering any of our services; and
- (g) as otherwise required to manage our business.
3. Types of personal information collected
3.1 The type of personal information we may collect can include (but is not limited to), your name, postal address, email address, phone numbers and billing information/credit card information. We may also ask for information such as job function, job title, industry sector, company and country.
3.2 Where you do not wish to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide you with requested goods or services.
4. Purposes for handling your personal information
4.2 We collect, hold, use and disclose personal information to:
- (a) provide you with our services;
- (b) manage and administer those services;
- (c) communicate with you regarding the services you have requested;
- (d) comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- (e) otherwise to manage our business.
5. Use and disclosure of your personal information
5.1 Some of the primary purposes for which we use and disclose personal information include:
- (a) marketing to you;
- (b) the sale of properties including residential apartments;
- (c) maintaining customer records; and
- (d) supply of services.
5.2 We may also use and disclose your personal information that we collect for a secondary purpose. A secondary purpose is one which is related to the primary purpose of collection. Some of the secondary purposes for which we may collect your personal information include:
- (a) services development;
- (b) customer and market research; and
- (c) to keep you informed of any changes to our business, services or other offerings that may be of interest to you.
5.3 We generally do not disclose your personal information to third parties or organisations, unless they are contracted or employed to provide administrative services on our behalf and are bound by the APPs.
5.4 We will not use or disclose your personal information for any other purpose unless you have consented to that use or disclosure.
6. Protection of personal information
6.1 At DG Projects your personal information is treated with the greatest of care. We maintain appropriate physical, procedural and technical security at our offices and information storage facilities so as to prevent any loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of personal information. This also applies to disposal of personal information.
6.2 We further protect personal information by restricting access to personal information to those who need access to do their job. Physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been employed to safeguard the security and integrity of your personal information.
7. Direct marketing
7.1 Like most businesses, marketing is important to our continued success. We would therefore like to stay in touch with customers and let them know about new opportunities. We may provide you with information about new products, services and promotions.
7.2 We may disclose your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes.
7.3 However, you may opt out at any time if you no longer wish to receive commercial messages from us. You can make this request by contacting our Privacy Officer.
8. Cookies (Optional)
9. Accessing and correcting your personal information
9.1 You may contact our Privacy Officer to request access to the personal information that we hold about you and/or to make corrections to that information, at any time. On the rare occasions when we refuse access, you will be provided with a written notice stating the reasons for refusing access. We may seek to recover from you reasonable costs incurred for providing you with access to any of the personal information about you held by us.
9.2 We are not obliged to correct any of your personal information if we do not agree that it requires correction and may refuse to do so. If we refuse a correction request, you will be provided with a written notice stating the reasons for the refusal.
10. Overseas transfers of personal information
10.1 As the internet is a global environment, using the internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of that information worldwide.
10.3 If you do not want us to disclose your information to overseas recipients, please let us know.
10.4 From time to time we may engage an overseas recipient to provide services to us, such as cloud-based storage solutions. Please note that the use of overseas service providers to store personal information will not always involve a disclosure of personal information to that overseas provider. However, by providing us with your personal information, you consent to the storage of such information on overseas servers and acknowledge that APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosures. For the avoidance of doubt, in the event that an overseas recipient breaches the APPs, that entity will not be bound by, and you will not be able seek redress under, the Privacy Act.
11. Resolving personal information concerns
11.2 Once a query has been lodged, the Privacy Officer will respond to you as soon as possible.
11.3 If you are not satisfied, you may also lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by telephone: 1300 363 992 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The last update to this document was 8 November, 2017.